Make hotel reservations through Connexxus to get UC contracted rates and preferred lodging providers. When you log in to Connexxus, choose the “Book Online Now” option. Click on the “book now” button next to the travel agency of your choice. Once there, you can search options and proceed with making your hotel reservations.
There is a maximum daily amount that the university will pay for lodging. The amount varies by country and city and is based on the U.S. State Department’s ‘per diem’ daily rate. The general guideline is 200% of the location’s daily maximum for U.S. locations and 300% for international lodging. Travelers should be mindful of this daily limit when making reservations.
How do you pay?
You must use a personal credit card or a US Bank Corporate Travel Card to pay for your reservation. You can only get reimbursed after the trip. Check out the Report Expenses page to read more about how to submit your expense report.
- Make sure your hotel bill shows that all charges are paid in full
- Avoid express check-out because you will need a receipt showing all of the charges that were paid and how they were paid
- The following expenses may be on your hotel bill, but are claimed on your expense report in another category:
- Internet, business center, and telephone are miscellaneous expenses
- Hotel parking is a miscellaneous expense
- Room service is reported as a meal
- Tips (e.g., housekeeping, concierge) are reported as incidentals
- The following hotel expenses are considered personal use and are not eligible for reimbursement:
- Mini-bar / honor bar / in-room hospitality
- In-room movies and entertainment
- Spa treatments or gym membership fees
- Smoking penalties and damages to hotel property
- If you purchased a hospitality gift, a receipt is required for gifts costing $25 or more.