For the convenience of campus travelers, the T&E Team is hosting a Global Entry application interview event in April 2017. This service provides enrolled travelers with the TSA PreCheck benefits through airport security, as well as expedited processing through customs when arriving at U.S. airports from foreign countries. Visit the comparison chart on the Department of Homeland Security website to review how the programs compare.

Please note that there are a limited number of appointments available at the campus event. The sooner your application is completed on the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) website, the more likely you will be able to schedule your interview appointment during the on-campus event. If you are unable to reserve an interview appointment during the on-campus event, you can make an appointment at a Global Entry site listed on their website. If there is an excess demand for appointments, we may host another campus event in the summer.

Information about the event, including instructions on how to sign-up, will be posted to this page.

If you are interested in getting email updates, subscribe to the T&E updates list.​

Who is eligible

Before you apply, make sure you are eligible for Global Entry.

UC Berkeley, faculty, staff, students, and their families who are US citizens or permanent residents who  are completing the application process may take advantage of the on-campus interviews; each applicant must attend the appointment in-person.

How to apply for Global Entry membership

Please refer to the Global Entry website for more information.

  1. Create a Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) account. Regardless of your age, you must have your own GOES account.

  2. Log in to your GOES account and complete the application online. A $100 non-refundable fee is required with each completed application and covers five years of enrollment; this is a personal expense not reimbursable by the university. Payment is made by credit card or electronic check. Eligible American Express cardholders may receive credit for the application fee.

  3. After accepting your completed application and fee payment, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will review your application. It can take up to 4-6 weeks for you to receive conditional approval. You should receive updates from GOES when your account is updated, but we recommend you periodically log in to your GOES account to check the status of your application.

  4. Once your application is conditionally approved, your GOES account will instruct you to select an enrollment center and then schedule an interview time. Scroll down to the very bottom of the list of enrollment centers to the section titled "Other". Select the code UCBONLY and, space permitting, sign up for an interview time at the UC Berkeley on-campus event. The interviews will be held in Warren Hall, room 101A.

Manage your appointment

  • The dates for on-campus application interviews are Monday, April 10 - Friday, April 14, 2017.

  • Appointments are available daily between 9:00am - 2:30pm.

  • The appointment should last approximately 15 minutes.

  • You will be instructed to make an appointment in the system when you receive your PASS ID/Conditional Approval.

  • From the time you receive conditional approval, you have 30 days to schedule an appointment in the system.

  • If you do not schedule an appointment as instructed within 30 days, your account will be deactivated and you will have to enroll again and pay another $100.  

  • As long as you maintain an active appointment in the system, your application will still be valid.  

What to bring to the appointment

GOES will send an interview confirmation once you register, which will include a list of documents required for the interview. Refer to the FAQs on the Global Entry website for more details.

Please plan to bring the following documents to your appointment.

  • Copy of your GOES conditional approval letter.

  • Current (cannot be expired) U.S. passport OR Permanent Resident Card.

  • Current Driver’s License and proof of address if the address on the license does not match the one on file.

  • The names on your documents must match exactly with the name you use on your application and when traveling.

  • If you’ve legally changed your name, you must provide an original or certified name change document (such as marriage certificate or divorce decree) in addition to the other required documentation.


Contact the T&E team at with questions.