Org Node – is a Berkeley campus organizational unit with which an employee is associated. The Org Node is identified as a 5-6 character code that references the unit’s place on the campus’s organizational tree hierarchy.
- The org node is often used for assigning systems permissions and for routing transactions.
- To find your org node, search for your name in the campus directory from the Berkeley home page. Your org node is displayed in the capital letters in front of your home department.
- If you don’t have a home department, try searching this organization tree list for the department that is sponsoring your travel activity.
Chartstring – is a combination of data segments that provides necessary information for financial management and budgeting. In the context of travel, the chartstring indicates where the expenses should be charged.
If you don’t know the chartstring to use when requesting a Direct Bill ID or a travel reimbursement, contact your manager, department budget officer, or research administrator.
A complete chartstring includes:
- Business Unit – will either be 10000 for the Berkeley campus or J0000 for UCOP activity administered on the Berkeley campus financial records and general ledger
- Account Code – In the context of travel, this field describes the nature of the expenses
- Fund – the source or type of money
- DeptID – (Department ID) – the cost center where the expenses will be charged
- Program Code – used to report the broad category of functional activity that incurred the expense
- Chartfield 1 – department defined field for reporting; for contract and grant funds used to track a task, deliverable or fabrication
- Chartfield 2 – department defined field for reporting; for contract and grant funds must be used to identify the principal investigator or faculty lead for the budget
For Contract and Grant funds, there are three additional segments
- PC BU – Project Costing Business Unit – if the general ledger business unit is 10000, the PC BU is GM100; for J0000, the PC BU is GMJ00
- Project – a defined body of work
- Activity – the funding period(s) mandated by the sponsor
Visit the BFS website for more information about Chart of Accounts
|57211||In-State Air Fare|
|57212||Out-of-State Air Fare|
|57213||In-State NON Air Fare|
|57214||Out-of-State NON Air Fare|
|57215||Domestic Travel Fees|
|57216||Out-of-State Travel Exception|
|57221||International Air Fare|
|57222||International NON Air Fare|
|57223||International Travel Fees|
|57233||Travel Entertainment-Related Charges|
|57003||Travel, Conference Fees|
|56520||University Garage Charges|
|57232||Removal & Moving Expense Reimbursement|
|56714||Participant Support - Travel Non Air|
|56715||Participant Support - Travel Airfare|