Clear a Travel Advance

Within 45 days after returning from a trip, all travelers are required to submit a Travel Reimbursement Request from. This form is used to total all expenses incurred for the trip, deduct any amounts for pre-paid expenses and travel cash advances, and determine if a reimbursement is owed to the traveler or if the traveler needs to return unused cash advance funds.

If you obtained the travel advance using your US Bank Corporate Travel Card, review your card account activity for completeness. Submit the Travel Reimbursement Request form to account for all trip expenses. If you withdrew more funds than needed, use the excess funds to pay towards your card account balance.

For travel advances obtained through Central Accounts Payable, submit the Travel Reimbursement Request form and attach a copy of the original Travel Advance form.  This will help ensure that your travel advance is cleared from the tracking list maintained by Central Accounts Payable. If the amount of the advance exceeds the reimbursable expenses, write a check made payable to “UC Regents” for the amount due, note the travel advance tracking number on the check and send it to Central Accounts Payable, 159 Warren Hall, 2195 Hearst Ave. Berkeley, CA 94720-1101.

The Central Accounts Payable office monitors all outstanding travel advances, even those at US Bank, and will contact travelers if the advance is not cleared timely.  Notification of delinquent reports may also be sent to your department head or budget manager.

Advances not cleared within 120 days of the end of the trip will be charged to the traveler’s department and reported as additional wages to the employee. The associated payroll tax withholding and income reporting cannot be reversed even when the Travel Reimbursement Request form is later submitted.

back to top