Travel Using a Personally-Owned Vehicle

If you are traveling on university business, you may choose to travel using your own car or personally-owned vehicle. If you would normally fly to the destination but you have chosen to drive, please seek pre-approval or be prepared to explain the business reason.

The university will reimburse mileage up to the maximum amount allowed by the IRS.

Document the cost of a regular coach air fare before you depart as you may only be reimbursed up to that amount, depending on circumstances.

You must drive at least 300 miles per day via the most direct route to be reimbursed for meals and lodging.

Please refer to the Reimbursement for Private Automobile Mileage page for more information.