Clear a Travel Cash Advance

Within 45 days after returning from a trip, all travelers are required to submit a travel expense report.

This report is used to total all expenses incurred for the trip, deduct any amounts for pre-paid expenses and travel cash advances, and determine if a reimbursement is owed to the traveler or if the traveler needs to return unused cash advance funds.

If you obtained the travel advance using your US Bank Corporate Travel Card, please review your card account activity for completeness. Submit the travel expense report to account for all trip expenses. If you withdrew more funds than needed, use the excess funds to pay towards your card account balance.

For travel advances obtained through Accounts Payable, please be sure to record the amount of the travel advance and the advance number at the top of the Submit page before submitting your travel reimbursement. This will help ensure that your travel advance is cleared from the tracking list maintained by Accounts Payable. If the amount of the advance exceeds the reimbursable expenses, write a check made payable to “UC Regents” for the amount due, note the travel advance tracking number and travel expense report number on the check, and mail it to:

  • Accounts Payable
    1608 Fourth Street, Suite 201
    Berkeley, CA 94710-1101

The Accounts Payable office monitors all outstanding travel advances, even those at US Bank, and will contact travelers if the advance is not cleared timely. Notification of delinquent reports may also be sent to your department head or budget manager.

Advances not cleared within 120 days of the end of the trip will be charged to the traveler’s department and reported as additional wages to the employee. The associated payroll tax withholding and income reporting cannot be reversed even when the travel expense report is later submitted.