Make lodging reservations through ConnexUC to get UC contracted rates and benefits at preferred providers, including Airbnb, Club Quarters, and brands operated by Marriott and Wyndham. Please refer to the 'Book Online' and 'Why ConnexUC' menus in the ConnexUC portal for details.

Expense reimbursements for lodging in the United States are for the actual amount up to $333 per night before taxes and mandatory hotel fees. The expense must be supported by original itemized receipts, regardless of the amounts incurred, and must be reasonable for the locality of travel. A traveler who is required to attend a conference where the prearranged conference lodging rate exceeds the $333 per night maximum may stay at the conference hotel without exceptional approval as long as an explanation and documentation are provided with the reimbursement request. In all other circumstances where the nightly rate exceeds $333 before taxes and mandatory fees, exceptional approval is required.

Decorative separator line

Per Diem Daily Rate

For international or offshore U.S. travel, the maximum amount that may be reimbursed for lodging varies by location and is based on the U.S. State Department’s per diem daily rate. Anything exceeding the per diem daily rate will require a detailed receipt and justification for exceeding the limit.

Please refer to the per diem daily rates when making travel arrangements:

Decorative separator line

How to Pay

You must use a personal credit card or a US Bank Corporate Travel Card to pay for your lodging. You can only get reimbursed after the trip. Please refer to the Report Expenses page to learn more about how to submit your expense report.

Decorative separator line

Preparing for Reimbursement

Please make sure your lodging bill and receipt show the payment method and that all charges are paid in full.

The following expenses may be on your bill, but are claimed on your expense report in another category:

  • Internet, business center, and telephone are miscellaneous expenses
  • Hotel parking is a miscellaneous expense
  • Room service is reported as a meal
  • Tips (for example: housekeeping, concierge) are reported as incidentals

The following expenses are considered personal use and are not eligible for reimbursement:

  • Mini bar, honor bar, in-room hospitality
  • In-room movies and entertainment
  • Spa treatments or gym membership fees
  • Smoking penalties and damages to property

If you purchased a hospitality gift, a receipt is required for gifts costing $25 or more.