The process for submitting a travel expense report and request for reimbursement involves multiple steps and handoffs. While processes may vary slightly between campus departments, at a high level, those reimbursement steps are:
- After the trip – collect documentation (receipts, itinerary)
- Employees submit an expense report in the travel reimbursement system. Guests and students contact the sponsoring department for assistance.
- Scan all records and backup documentation into a pdf and submit
- Travel transaction preparers and approvers review the information and process the request in the travel reimbursement system (TRV, for short).
- Traveler receives reimbursement payment, typically within 10 business days
Many travelers have requested greater visibility into what happens at step 5.
The TRV system is available for employee-travelers to track the status of their reimbursement requests once it has been entered into TRV.
Go to https://reimburse.berkeley.edu/; login with CalNet; select Track Your Travel Reports.
A grid will display your Travel Expense Reports that have been entered in the system. The most recent report will be listed first.
Click Track: To view a summary of the report and to track the status of the reimbursement request
Click View: To view details on the travel expense report (the bar-coded page)