TSA Pre✓® enrollment interviews are back, due to popular request.
What is TSA Pre✓?
TSA Pre✓® is an expedited screening program that enables identified low-risk air travelers to enjoy a smart and efficient screening experience. For TSA Pre✓® travelers, there is no need to remove shoes, 3-1-1 liquids, laptops, light outerwear or belts. Today, TSA Pre✓® has more than 450 lanes at 200+ U.S. airports.
Once approved, travelers will receive a “Known Traveler Number” (which needs to be added to a traveler’s airline profile and reservations) and will have the opportunity to utilize TSA Pre✓® lanes at select security checkpoints when flying on the 50 carriers that currently participate in TSA Pre✓®.
Who can apply for TSA Pre✓®?
TSA Pre✓® applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents. Applicants need to complete the online enrollment information and follow the steps below as soon as possible to take advantage of the on-campus appointment dates. The on-campus appointments are open to UC Berkeley faculty, staff, students and their families. Each applicant must have his or her own appointment and attend the appointment in person.
- On-Campus Interview Dates: Monday March 2 – Friday March 6, 2020
- Appointment Times: 9:00am – 5:00pm daily (no appointments between 12:00-1:00 - allow 15 minutes per appointment)
To schedule an on-campus interview, follow these steps:
- Click here to access the application page
- Click “Start Application Now”, then click “New Enrollment”
- Provide the applicant information at each step and choose “Next” at the bottom of each screen
- For an on-campus appointment, type in the Location Code “SP-UCB” at the “Zip code/City/Airport Code” search box
- Choose location “Berkeley, CA – 2195 Hearst Ave” and click “Next”
- Choose an appointment time and click "Submit"
To complete the application process, you will need to bring documentation proving identity and citizenship status to your in person interview! If you have a valid U.S. passport, that is all you need for ID! You will finish the process onsite by providing your fingerprints for a background check.
The $85 non-refundable application fee covers 5 years of enrollment. Payment is made during the interview appointment and can be paid by credit card, money order, or certified/cashier's check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. This is a personal expense and not reimbursable by the university. Eligible credit card holders may receive a credit for the application fee.
This webpage will be updated as new information becomes available. Check back frequently for updates.
Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.